Here is a grouping of common themes I have been blogging about since January 2015.
Automated Test Frameworks
- Setting up a development environment with IntelliJ / Maven, then with IntelliJ / Gradle, then Eclipse / Gradle.
- Taking a deeper dive into Gradle, exploring Groovy, using it to run simple tests.
- Using both TestNG and JUnit4 ways of making assertions. Suddenly, Hamcrest.
- Abstracting the page using the Page Object model.
- Using CSS Selectors to find and manipulate web elements on the page.
- How to organize the web element selectors: first in enums, then in By statements.
- Wrapping Selenium calls, placing them in a CommonUtils library.
- Doing away with wrapping Selenium calls and just using Page Factory.
- Performing API testing with Apache's HTTP Components.
- Passing data to tests using pojos and builder patterns,
- Showing examples of good logging for tests.
- Experiments with setting up a virtual dev environment with VirtualBox, Vagrant, and Docker.
- Installing, setup, and learning Docker with the Docker Toolbox and Docker's setup docs.
- Setting up Selenium Grid (for beginners).
- Setting up Selenium Grid in a Docker Container.
Software Quality AssuranceI have been working as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer since 1996. Learn more about the Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies, and how software testing has changed over the years!
- What is a QA Engineer? (1/24/2015)
- Waterfall & QA (1/26/2015)
- Before Waterfall (1/26/2015)
- Agile Software Development (1/30/2015)
- How Google Tests Software, thoughts on the book (1/31/2015)
- Shifts in Software Testing (2/1/2015)
- How to Switch Careers in the Software Industry (4/20/2015)
- Should You Have A Dedicated Automation Team in Your QA Team? (9/9/2015)
- Are QA Engineers Becoming Extinct? (9/28/2015)
I spent a year as a junior security tester at a company, and find it facinating!
- Security Testing with Kali Linux: Installation (4/22/2015)
- Beginners Kali Linux: Setup with RailsGoat (4/23/2015)
- Introduction to OWASP: A Security Testing resource (4/30/2015)
- OWASP Boston Meetup: Crowdsource Your Bugs (5/7/2015)
Blog Posts:-- Newest to Oldest